Visiting Protocol – Specialist Palliative Care
Welcome to Marymount
Here at Marymount we constantly strive to seek a balance between managing the risk posed to our Residents and Patients by COVID-19 and other communicable diseases with an appreciation for the importance of visiting by family and friends.
We are constantly reviewing our visiting protocols in line with national guidance and in appreciation for circulating levels of virus in the community: Visiting Protocols are subject to change, we suggest that you check our website for frequent updates, or ring prior to visiting should you have any queries on phone number (021)4869100
We would ask you to pause and consider whether your visit is essential at this time. Non-essential visiting places our vulnerable Patients, Residents and the Staff who care for them at increased risk.
- IMPORTANT: PLEASE DO NOT VISIT if you have any cold/ flu like symptoms (this applies even if you test negative on antigen) – please contact us and we would be happy to arrange a virtual visit instead.
VISITING GUIDELINES for both Services for Older People and Inpatient Palliative Care Unit
- Visiting is permitted Monday to Sunday from 12pm to 8pm.
- Visiting times are strictly enforced.
- 2 Visitors max in a bedroom at any given time (exception only on compassionate grounds, and following discussion with the Ward Manager).
- Please no congregating in Ward communal areas.
- We would encourage that antigen tests are completed prior to visiting.
- All visitors must check in at reception and upon entering the ward area.
- IMPORTANT: We encourage patients to choose to have a complete rest day which is visitor free, allowing for relaxation, reflection and therapeutic intervention.
- We ask that all visitors must adhere to directions on essential infection prevention and control practices including maintaining physical distance, respiratory hygiene and cough etiquette
- Hand hygiene is the single most important action to reduce the spread of infection, we would ask that you would complete Hand Hygiene upon entering the hospital, and upon entering and leaving the patient’s room.
- You must wear a medical face covering at all times while on site- including when in patient rooms: these will be made available to you at PPE stations located at the hospital entrance.
- Visitors are reminded of the risk of inadvertent exposure to infection during a visit and the threat this may pose to their or other’s health
For the safety of our patients, visitors and staff we strongly recommend that all visitors are fully vaccinated, including booster.
We greatly appreciate your understanding and patience with regard to our visiting protocols & we thank you for helping us to keep everyone safe in Marymount.
For inquiries, call (021) 486 9100